Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Weekend at the Cabin

I'm always behind on my posts, but then I guess that's how I feel about my life too :). a little behind of what's going on. Last weekend my mom decided we needed some family time so she and John, Jason and Clay, and I went up to the cabin for Saturday and Sunday. It was so nice to get out of the heat of the valleys and up into the mountains. When we got up to the cabin it was only 70 degrees! Since it was the opening weekend for stream fishing that was the intent of the men on the trip. We women were on the search for fields of wild flowers. Both of us were moderately successful, but still we never found any flowers as pretty as the ones I'd seen at camp the week before (which was strange since we were in the same mountain area). After lunch the guys went off to fish and Mom and I drove along skyline drive. Here are some pictures of our adventures:



















Beautiful Sanpete County down below....


Yup that's a lot of snow in July. The road got pretty sketchy about here and we almost turned around but I'm glad we didn't....



A successful days work. The guys came home home with 9 trout. The next day we had a big breakfast and then went off to Gooseberry to do a bit more fishing and then headed home.










Someone's up to mischief here :)

















And there's always a little room for a few more flowers...









I got to take my own souvenier from the trip that I didn't even know about until I was getting in the bath Sunday night and caught a glimpse of it in the mirror. Here's a picture of my crazy bite and keep in mind at the time this picture was taken it was already a week old. Yikes! (that's my side by the way, not an arm or something, it was a big bite!)

1 comment:

Normal Mom said...

Gorgeous flowers! That looked like a lot of fun. After spending time with my family in Vermont, I have to say I am kind of sad to not be around all that action all the time. But Illinois has it's charm as well.
Thanks for linking up to Snapdragon--maybe we should talk to your mom about landscaping!